Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

As Time Passes

Most days my head is within 3 feet of a clock.  I do little.  I would have suspected that time would drag on but the truth is I am amazed how fast the hands move.  Amy is writing this so I do not guarantee any unedited content. ( HUH!!  Typist is offended!)  
My speech is so poor that 90% of the day I am unable to dictate.
The other 10% I can barely achieve vocal sobriety.  

Today we discussed Hospice care.  Their objective is to make me as comfortable as  possible during my decline.  About that- I still am.  I can no longer pluck on my IPad.  I really need to get on the Eye Gaze and resist my frustration at it's limitations.  I am more seriously considering a feeding tube.  

Amy and I are considering a trip by car to California this Spring.  Our primary objective is to visit a Master Zhou.   Amy will now explain why.
This Master of Qi Gong has been practicing with the world's most respected gifted healers and martial artists his whole life and is quite famous in his homeland of China for his accomplishments.  He has been the subject of many scientific studies that are astounding. He has the ability to produce heat from his hands  which he attributes to the control of his Chi- Universal Life Force.
Not that Ripley's Believe It Or Not or That's Incredible are scientific but you can find many a You Tube video highlighting his unique gifts there as well.
To experience ANY physical unexplainable reaction to me would give credence to those who assure us this healing energy field thing is real and can be manipulated to improve health.
I say Light me up and make me smell like BACON!!!!

Back to Tracy-
I don't know about all that stuff; at the very least the Master can cook me up and serve me to his family for at least a month.  As far as Chi goes I welcome a double dose (chi chi).  Preferably large in size as I always welcome boob therapy.  For those of you who are as uneducated as Amy, chi chi is boobs in Chinese.  Look it up!

My motivation for this trip is slightly different from Amy's.  I look forward to making this trip with her as one last excursion west.  We made the trip several times for several reasons.
My goal is to stop at every lookout point, roll out of the van and take in the view, whether it be mountains or trees or fresh air or sunshine.  A lot of stuff on me is dead, but my sense of adventure lives on!  I would also like to see the stars at night far from any city, so I will remind myself how insignificant I am.  I feel this will make it easier to accept my own limitations.  I hope Amy recognizes the significance of this.  I can hang on a long time knowing that I can not change the universe even as it changes me.

I was 53 years old when I was diagnosed with ALS.  I will soon be 55.  Each of these years have felt like a week.  I wonder how many weeks I have left.  I love my Amy.

Amy thinks I am having a down time.  I'm not.  Reality is, in the absence of a cure, I'm being given a pillow.  That pretty much says it all.  Comfort food for a dying man.

On the up side winter in Dallas ain't so bad and Netflix rocks.  My grandkids are wonderful and I can't imagine only getting to see them every few months or so. Every day never grows tiresome.

I apologize for the up and down of this post but the reality is my Fred Flintstone brakes are nearly worn out. My only options are to lift my feet or to crash.  I'm not sure if I have the balls to do either.
Hopefully I won't take so long to post, primarily because Amy is willing to suffer through typing for me.  Without her, you all would be without me.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe Mom just typed "boobs" and "balls" and posted it on the internet. Dad, this proves she must really love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least mom can get even for past trips and shout, "Look at the tree!" "Look at the rock!" just as you are about to drift off to sleep. I love you dadda. Sorry I'm not there to type this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I talked to my neighbor Master Steve Aldis regarding Qi Gong. I am sorry that I did not see him sooner, as in when you were here to visit. He is involved in mainly the Eastern Martial Arts, and I believe he mentioned some healing arts! he has many online references from all over the world. I am SURE he would be more than happy to talk to Amy. Just tell him I talked to you? Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. as far as NOT having 'balls', I found through my Mother's bravery near the end that we ALL have the courage when necessary.

    ReplyDelete