Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An all too brief respite

Last night we arrived home from an overnighter in Indiana that ranks at the top of our list as the most relaxing, medicinal, enjoyable short trips we have ever made. What did we do? Drank beer, melded with family, talked a lot, ate awesome food, rekindled relationships and bolstered others, turned acquaintances into friends, all throughout finding peace and tranquility carrying the day. Great for me, great for Amy. I feel we needed to regenerate. We did. I feel we needed a brief escape. We got out. Now I need to prepare, both physically and mentally, for New Zealand. Rachel and I board a plane in Chicago Monday night, fly 4-1/2 hours to LA, then 13-1/2 hours to Auckland, NZ. I hope to post and pic from down under. Between now and then, look for an update or two on my condition, my therapy and my attitude. I hope to see some of you at Crusens this Saturday.Thanks for looking in on me, I'm doing OK.

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo excited for you Tracy. I can't wait to see some pics! I pray that everything goes well for you physically while you are away. Just remember to get up and get a little excercise while you are in flight. Take the vaca slow and easy, take in every sight, experience every sound, and cherish every moment with Rachel. What an amazing opportunity. Most of all.......have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete