Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Off to Indiana, Though I Remind..........


This morning Amy and I drive to Auburn, Indiana to visit my Aunt Jeannie and Uncle Harley for a short time, expecting to also see my Uncle Wayne from Colorado, who couldn't stay away from his 60Th high school reunion in Woodstock, Illinois. He was not allowed in the Midwest without a segue to Indiana as well. An added bonus will find my cousin Jody flying in to visit, then accompanying my uncle back home. You see, my uncle Wayne refuses to board an aircraft unless he happens to be the pilot, so he drives. As a consequence to this trip, my keyboard will remain idle til Tues.
I am going to break my usual protocol and plug a couple of events coming up this weekend. I must let you know that a very important part of my therapy includes my kids. Sarah and Tim and Alex and Isaac are on my mind every day. Their very existence extends mine. I expect to end up closer to them as the months go by. Rachel finally got her hiney home and is with us as she and I prepare for our two week journey to New Zealand. We leave Sept. 19. She will be the emotional crutch I've been looking for since March.
Nick provides me with a lift every time he comes to Peoria or I visit Chicago. He sometimes has trouble knowing how to help me, but I told him last week that when I see him living the dream, feeding his passion through music, he loads me with pride and wonder. Pride is not a sin in this context and wonder is what forces the question "Where did he find musical ability drawing from our gene pools?" Nick on stage fulfills my fantasies by proxy.
Which brings me to my shameless promotion: This weekend, Nick will be joined by American Idol season 9 Hollywood contestant Paige DeChausse. On Friday, Nick and Paige perform a duo act in Bloomington at Theaters Cool from about 8pm to about 12. Saturday night, Nick's band, DriveTrain, performs at 9pm at Crusens on War Memorial Drive, with Paige joining them as a special guest. I will be attending both events purely for medicinal purposes, but would like to see a big crowd at each event in order to draw some life out of the crowd and infuse it with my own. If you can be there, I would consider it an honor to shake your hand and hug your wife.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, I will try my darndest to stay up past my current bedtime so I can come with Todd (because, face it, no amount of "beauty sleep" is gonna help at this point, LOL!).

    ReplyDelete