Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Rant part two

Part two.

I don't really have a definitive answer for what works on me. While I don't do near the research that Amy does in the hunt for my cure, I have the (dis)advantage of living with the actual disease. So far, I have seen some progress in the area of diet changes. The caveat is that without the feeding tube, installed by real doctors, all the proper nutrition in the world would not have helped me survive simply because I can't swallow much of anything any more. My weight had dropped precipitously over the past two years and now enough tube food has helped me to gain some of it back.

Without the significant help of the Dallas medical community and my insurance, I would not have :

My Permobil power chair $30000
my Tobii eyegaze computer $18000
my Roho air baffle mattress top $800
my lifting recliner $1500
my PCeye $2500
my Trilogy breathing device $2000 per month
my hospital bed $?
My medicine $1500 or more per month
my Tobii chair mount $1000
my Tobii floor mount $1000
my doctor visits $?
My neurologist visits $?
My pulmonologist visits $?
My feeding tube $18000
all medical services such as emergency room visits, admitting, blood work, home health care, physical therapy, tube food, etc. $?

From the internet:

contact with the ALS community at large. A slew of advice including :

ozone therapy
natural remedies
Lyme theory
liver failure theory
prayer theory
detox theory
cannibus oil
uv light therapy
biomagnetic therapy
coconut oil
liquid magnesium
liquid germanium
massage
probiotics
chicken bone soup
Qijong
electromagnetic therapy
biofeedback therapy
accupuncture
accupressure
stomach enzymes
liver cleanse
reflexology
hypnosis
kinesiology
Edgar Cacy treatments
past life regression
Napoleon Hill
Deanna Protocol
the healing codes
long distance energy conversations

Ok. I'm tired. So you see we gain much from both the medical and holistic communities. They both need each other, and as soon as they dump their prejudices and work together we will see the bullshit from both sides be swept away with the charlatans and the bad practitioners. Only then will there be real progress. Until then, I'm taking advantage of both parties as if the lot of them are children.

So far? I'm still sick. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment