Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Cruise one

Cruise. Thank you all for making this a reality. Despite obvious challenges, we took full advantage of everything the ship had to offer, of course considering my limitations.

The service, especially for my particular needs, was no less than spectacular. Our stateroom, located at the front of the ship on deck twelve, boasted a twenty foot wide, floor to ceiling array of panoramic glass panels tilted thirty degrees, top out, offering an unequaled view of the Gulf, eighty feet below and stretching to the horizon.

The bathroom smelled like oceanic fish and used diaper flotsam, but after two days the odor kinda grew on you as familiarity crept in. I venture to say that our activity never made it worse. I suspect any masking of dead fish and spoilt diapers is an improvement no matter the vehicle.

The scent never wafted from the toilet area.

Note to ship designer : never install a grab bar behind a tankless, wall mounted toilet. I now sport a permanent depression below my shoulder blades and an annoying tendency to hunch forward and stare at my junk.

Now that I've managed to put visions of (not) sugar plums in your heads, (or did I?), I will continue after Christmas.

1 comment: