Total Pageviews

Monday, December 1, 2014

Gratitude

In less than a week Amy and I set off for Galveston and board the Royal Carri-bean ship "Navigator of the Seas", setting "sail" for Cozumel, Grand Caymans and Jamaica. The cruise is considered an ALS excursion. Exactly what that means is yet to be learned. I'm extremely appreciative of all who contributed to our fundraiser, effectively making this trip a reality.

I'm also in awe when I think of how brave Amy is as she not only cares for me singlehandedly every day but manages to find adventure for us on a regular basis while tirelessly researching alternative remedies for my condition. She both literally and figuratively lifts me up. She is stronger than anyone I know. I regret every time I give her shit.

Thanksgiving was great. Intimate. The Evans family celebrated in El Dorado, Arkansas this year. Home was where we stayed. Joining us were Rachel, Nick and Paige. As a surprise of epic proportions, Mary, Aggie and Albert drove from Peoria and ate Turkey with us. I'm really lucky.

If the stars properly align I will continue to post while on the ship.

Do you realize that my family (my kids) have drastically altered their lives just to be near me? Do you realize that Sarah and Tim have taken us into their home? It all amazes me. I have no right to be crotchety.

1 comment:

  1. you have a right to be crotchety, sometimes it is cleansing!!!

    ReplyDelete