Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Nearing take off

On March 3rd we embark on a journey 1500 miles west to explore the concept of traveling cross country as a party of one toting around a two hundred pound bag of flesh best suited for the car top carrier were it possible to lift me so high. As is more practical, I will ride passenger, at arm's length, available for adjustments, loaded with my Parrot headset, 7 days (1500 songs) worth of music, movies, all brought to me courtesy of my ipod, ipad, iphone. I urge Tobii to consider providing its eyegaze technology through Apple, if for no other reason, at least I could scroll facebook smoothly rather than in the herky jerky method provided by Windows 7. I would love to take part in a beta program following a Mac platform. I would expect it to be faster, smoother and more user friendly. Better integration between eyegaze function and internet communication would be a great help. I dare say I have friends in Sweden I have never met. Please put some pressure on Tobii. (just kidding). In case you're wondering, in case you're unaware, I decided to delay my feeding tube surgery indefinitely. I don't need it yet and I don't want any issues on the trip. My next post will explore how I feel about leaving family and security for a month of sponge baths and peeing into a Gatorade bottle.

2 comments:

  1. I will be with you,just not in body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually excited for you both. Dan and I went on a trip like that when I was 5 months pregnant with Arin. I wondered about your feeding tube surgery being this close to your trip and how that was going to figure in. I hope you both have an amazing journey.

    ReplyDelete