Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sorry I've been busy

I apologize for it having been a whopping nine days since my last post. It's not that I don't have a lot to say, it's just that I don't have a lot of time with Rachel in order to get the messages out, primarily and thankfully because she is now gainfully employed and has a life outside of me. I see that as good and bad because I rely so heavily on her to help me with a million things and I lose security she gives me especially in the pool. I guess I'll just have to get by with Amy (kidding). Nobody can replace Amy.


Yesterday I received my new Permobil Power Wheelchair, which is essentially the same as the one I have been borrowing from the MDA. The difference, though, is the same as comparing renting a Ferrari and owning one.  I'm still waiting for my eyegaze computer, which will hopefully show up before I head back to Peoria in the first part of August. More about that later.


I've been messing around with different drug combinations to see what would give me the best nights' sleep and have yet to determine which way to go. I'm afraid that my options may be to get a drug strong enough to knock me out or to deal with the problems that I have without putting myself to sleep with something like Morphine. It's unlikely I'll be able to use the latter because no one is stupid enough to give me Morphine, anyway. Guess I'll try to figure out something more reasonable.


As of late, after having read the Healing Codes, I have been including a mantra spelled out in the book that if repeated time and again over 4-6 weeks may essentially cure me of my ALS. Below is my mantra:


I pray that all known and unknown negative images, unhealthy beliefs, destructive cellular memories, and all physical issues related to ALS be found, opened, and healed (fixed, repaired, dumped, incinerated, obliterated) by filling me with the light, life, and love of God (whatever). I also pray that the effectiveness of this healing be increased by 100 times or more. 


Another mantra I repeat, as spelled out in a Qigong literature:


I am perfect health.


You can imagine my elation at finding such a brief mantra, easy to remember, easy to repeat, and time effective. Nevertheless, I still say the healing code mantra dozens of times a day.

I plan to try to find an acupuncturist here in Dallas, maybe with some Qigong experience, hopefully not too expensive because my insurance doesn't cover this stuff.


I can already hear the moans and groans of the Western people who read this post and think that I am desperately grabbing at straws, but the bottom line here is drugs and physical therapy are not going to cure me.  I use the Western medicine philosophies to help me feel more comfortable as they use their concepts of nursemaiding the dying, while in reality their only help for me is in signing prescriptions for wheelchairs, eyegaze computers, wrist splints, drugs and other services not available to me in any affordable sense without their help in convincing Medicare I am a lost cause and deserve all the comforts available.


I will seek every physical aid I can find and then I will knock this disease out of my body and have a whole bunch of stuff to play with as I physically recover to normalcy.


Now, Amy and I are heading to Peoria on August 1st, spending the night in Memphis on our way north, arriving, obviously, on August 2nd. Our primary reason to come back is to get out of the heat in Dallas and enjoy the cool summer of Peoria. If you believe that, you haven't been following the weather report. You see, here in Dallas I can get in a swimming pool any time I want, the air conditioning rocks and I don't have a job. Anyway, the real reason we're coming up is to go to Tower Park Music Festival in Peoria Heights; Friday night Nick will be playing with Paige in their band, as of this Friday, still called the "Paige DeChausse Band" (that may change). I plan to be at the festival Friday for most of the music. I think Nick and Paige play at 7:30pm. Saturday, the second day of the festival, Nick's band, Drivetrain, headlines around 9:00pm. Sunday we will be traveling to Ottawa, IL for Riverfest where Paige and Nick headline around 9:00pm.


We have no particular plans for breakfast, lunch, or dinner but hope to see some people at Tower Park Friday or Saturday. Please come out and see me, I'll be the guy in the big black wheelchair lolling to the left.  Don't be afraid if I speak in tongues, all this mantra stuff is beginning to transendentalize my psyche. Oh, by the way, we have some bank business to clean up while we're in town. 

I'm tired of talking, Rachel's tired of typing, and the world has better things to do than to continue to read this blather. See ya.

5 comments:

  1. See ya!!! I firmly believe that Qi gong may be able to offer at least some help. glad you are trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I am often taken in with your optimism. Despite the cynics, I am now convinced that given time we can heal ourselves of anything! Just remember our whole body is new every few months or so, because of cellular regeneration. Who says it has to regenerate into what we already are?
    Much love to you and the fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see a blog a fresh blog post. I can't wait to see you in Peoria in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are coming to Peoria? Yay!!! We will definitely make the trip over. Nice to see you/Rachel back at the keyboard. Oh and BTW....I wouldn't include "Whatever" in your mantra when you say "and Love of God". It may bring some bad juju. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy- It is SO good to have you back! And a big thank you to Rachel for type, typing away;) I'll definitely be seeing ya'll at Tower Park Friday night but unfortunately have to head back Saturday morning to Chicago for our 'backyard gig' at Rob Martwick's:) Safe travels and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete