Total Pageviews

Monday, May 14, 2012

Good morning, I mean

There might be a dozen ways to follow up my last post, depending upon a dozen different post revelation emotions, themselves dependent upon whether my new-found ability continues.

 Let me tell you, ALS ain't got nothing on me! A good moment is singular in nature, a good day is likely an extended elation of that moment, the next morning observes the infancy of a proof, the remaining day reinforces such proof and each day, subsequent, lays meat upon the bones of a reality. I can still stand up under my own power, not with muscle, not with determination, for these prove inadequate, but by releasing tension, letting go of anxiety, drawing down with a deep breath and opening up to an energy I never knew existed, unlabeled and unidentifiable, pure and strange.

I feel lighter of being today, and ALS has, for the time, been relegated to an annoying obscurity. Every new day must be better than  the last and ALS needs to trail behind my state of mind. Since last week I refuse to dwell. Today is the best day in a succession of "bests" and I plan to ride this energy train forever.




To those of you who know me, my recent rants are a departure from anything I've ever held to be true. It's becoming apparent I've been trying to fix myself with standard tools when I should have gone metric. My goal is to make Amy cry- with joy.

4 comments:

  1. I tried to post this recently with my iPad but I think it failed. Did you ever think you'd be an inspiration? The wind beneath our wings? You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted to read this, and I'm proud of what you've been able to achieve in past few days. I'm glad to see you on board the "energy train."

    Choo choo, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I just want to jump for joy, and second, you really should listen to your wife more. Just sayin'! I'm wondering now if the same release/relaxation technique would work with you hands? What an amazing thing!

    ReplyDelete