Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Some serious stuff

Before I grant requests for historical imagery from my past life, I want to clarify the complicated nature of ALS and the vague thinking of those who claim to have the blanket solution to all neurological disorders.

It is no coincidence that modern or ancient science has consistently fallen short in efforts to solve the riddle of neuro malfunction of all kinds. The quest to eliminate symptom has failed chiefly because the search for cause has fallen from favor in the medical community due to short term demands for immediate answers. The conclusion of professionals quickly devolves into a non-sequitur of fatal proportion.

To apply a piece of duct tape to a gas leak only solves the temporary problem, as the leak is the result of a source issue not addressed. The dilemma here is that while the duct tape stops the leak the reason and identification is sent to the back burner of scientific investigation.

I'm wary of everything. While I'm interested in nutritional improvement, I don't want to confuse feeling better with getting better. The distinction is enormous in scale.

Visqueen over a leaky roof does not repair the leaks. It only prevents water from penetrating. I don't want to live the rest of my life with a bag over my head.

The solution to ALS is not going to be found through general means. There must be specific answers to the questions yet to be asked. Find the leak. Find the source. Turn off the fucking valve!

No doubt some success will become of the "Shoot at everything" approach, but I prefer a more exact solution. I'm not going to wait around, though. I'm not.

1 comment:

  1. Ya know Tracy, This may seem mean to other areas of research, but I'm wondering if ALS research would be much farther along if had as much money thrown at it as other diseases like say.........breast cancer or St. Judes or Parkinsons. DON'T get me wrong, the money raised for those things has drastically changed treatment and lives of those affected. It has completely changed the way cancer treatment is viewed and treated. St. Judes is near and dear to Dan's and my heart seeing that Dan's sister was a St. Judes Pt. and lost her life to leukemia when she was 16. That was probably 40 years ago. Cure rates for childhood cancers then was about 15%. Now it's about 94%. (guesstimates) All that success came from research and research boils down to money. If ALS had more people channeling their funds in that direction, they would be much farther along in figuring it out. Maybe with more.....and constant.......exposure with things like the ice bucket challenge, it will give people greater awareness and willingness to contribute on a much larger scale.

    ReplyDelete