Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Clinic

On Friday I had clinic. I gave the letter to him. He was very well informed about the Israel study. He shared the unfortunate details of the study that I also discovered after having posted my letter on my blog. Boston is discussing the merit and authenticity of the study. While all is not lost, any expedition of a serious investigation is years away.
   The facts are : the only patient to show improvement was a man afflicted with both MS and ALS. The study may have merit, but is nowhere near a stage where I could try it out. The  Boston people will be initiating Phase one research if the particulars of the Israel research show promise. I have no chance of any participation in the study.
   A study involving nutritional parameters and the effects of such will be announced in the spring. It has been found that carbohydrate introduction via feeding tube proved detrimental to an ALSer's health. No kidding. Tell me something I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. sorry nothing so far has helped you to a point of giving you some type of relief. I send my hopes to you from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really too bad Tracy. Keep up the search. You are still beating the odds finding ways to improve your symptoms. You never know what else you might find! I love you brother!

    ReplyDelete