Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Daily adjustments

Yesterday, today and tomorrow- each sunrise represents a new set. For me, just this week, I slipped into a doldrum of anticipation, one of realization and another of resignation. It's hard to believe in static emotion when all around me is anything but.

As I made apparent earlier, Thursday was the anniversary date of my initial diagnosis and I did not write. This does not mean I sat around all day and sulked; on the contrary, I spent hours reveling in the fact that the day played out like any other- a little frustrating at times but mostly cool, especially when my grandies came around. I didn't write yesterday because I didn't have time, sort of, more that my diagnosis was substantiated through a grueling EMG test. A year ago today I donated about a quart of blood to an OSF lab to rule out (hope for) West Nile Virus, a pit viper bite and Lyme's, among other uglies lesser than the grotesque ALS. I got no results until the following week, so the impact of giving blood was not enough to prevent me from writing today.


So look for more, even this afternoon, after Rachel and I go buy a leaf blower, an implement I think I can wield without damage.


1 comment: