Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Ongoing

The emotional aspect of ALS is under-appreciated. Often I find myself crying through association with what I can no longer do. Just to see someone scratch his head sets me to tears. I can no longer eat real food but I spend an inordinate amount of time watching the Food Channel or BBQ-pitboys. As you might expect, I find little pleasure at the dinner table. One more victory for the other side.

The Osmolite 1.5 has been replaced with Liquid Hope. I'd say it is much more palatable but I wouldn't know.

I'm embarrassed about the feeding tube. The Trilogy. My appearance. I'm working on that.

The night is long lately. I live either in my chair or in my bed. The highlight of my day is when Amy pulls me to a stand. The contact is my heaven. I cannot overemphasize this.

I'm to see a gut doctor on Friday. I hope he can run the scope through the feeding tube.

I hope Amy is right. About everything. About me.

Can't wait for the road trip! So far Nick and Paige have 21 tour stops. Amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Considering what a good cook you've been for so many years Tracy, it's no surprise you watch the Food Channel!
    Were you a good griller too?

    ReplyDelete