Total Pageviews

Monday, July 20, 2015

Every day is an adventure

Every time I think about eating I'm more than a little sad that I'm presently nourished via a Lopez valve attached to a feeding tube that pierces my abdomen. The food (loose interpretation) is injected through a large syringe not unlike my old turkey injector from days past. Yes, I still salivate. The only difference is that the saliva now presents itself visually as it escapes my lips on its way to its final resting place on the front of my shirt. When I'm on my magical toilet my posture allows the seepage to find a direct path to my crotch, which Amy mistakes as urine. I suggest she smells it and she rejects the notion and cleans it up. She's a good girl.

In case you're wondering, no, I'm not incontinent yet. My most excellent bidet, heated and fragrant in a pleasant way, saves Amy from a disgusting task every time I take a seat. Now, if we could find a portable hiney cleaner..

In a couple weeks we head for Peoria. Imagine the complications of traveling eight hundred miles with an invalid who can't even speak. We can't fly safely with a four hundred pound chair and 150 pounds of gelatinous flesh with rubber limbs. Not gonna happen. So we drive. Actually, Amy drives and I provide..... The reminder. Of what? Obvious.

So, let me tell you why.

To see family, friends and facebook friends, blog fans. With this entry I exceed 129000 reads.

I'll have over 900 miles on my Permobil power chair.

The Events I will be attending :

August fifth. Silver Dollar Wednesday Night Blues Jam Reunion, hosted by Nick and Paige of the Reverent Few. 8pm.

Friday, August seventh. Tower Park Music Festival. Around 6pm. The Rhythm Brothers with my good friend, Rusty Hall and then Drivetrain with Nick Boettcher, "Funky" Brian Quinn and Rob Gould.

Saturday, August eighth. Music from 3pm. I'll be there later. My good friend Barry Cloyd and then Paige Dechausse, Nick Boettcher, Dina Simone and Rob Gould of the Reverent Few.

If we go nuts, we might even stay until The Budweiser Illinois Blues Festival. In my opinion the best lineups ever. Nick and Paige duo on Friday and the Reverent Few on Saturday.

Wish me good health.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your " 1000 mile " post............

    I won't be at Tower Park Friday ( have to work ), but I'll say hello to you and Amy Sat.

    I'm excited about the Bluesfest> You're right....a GREAT lineup this year! And I'm off both days!!!!!!

    Glad you're coming back to P-Town.

    ReplyDelete