Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

About my Amy

Today is another day in which I find myself happy to be alive. I can still hold my head up and look Amy in the eyes. I see there the determination I can only dream of. This determination, infused with and powered by love, keeps me going forward, bedraggled as I am. She does what no ordinary caregiver could ever do. She loves me for what I've become as well as for what I was. She relishes her time with me no matter the task. She is unknown to others in this most intimate of settings. Though I'm unable to reciprocate her caresses, she recognizes my thoughts and transmits them to her own hand. This is a physical transformation for us both. Without her I would not be me. With her we are us. There can be no separation. One heart cannot beat if torn asunder.

My single greatest regret is that I never made my true feelings for her as clear as are now in my mind. I was constantly remiss, always distracted, by my own ignorant design following a path with her merely in tow. A willing participant, sure. She will never be relegated to such a stature again. She is my Lord and Savior.

For those of you without such a deity in your midst, you are free to make one up. God is my love and Amy is my God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment