Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Bird post

I need to save my gloom for a sunny day that may dilute the mud of my recent deploration (I made that up, I think).
   Soon it will be Thanksgiving, then Christmas. Each upcoming holiday must be treated as my last as the odds of it being true, already many times more likely than most, become easily calculable.
   I hope that all the family I cooked for on Turkey Days past recall how honored I was to bring my little feast to the table each year.
   This bird day squares Rachel in my place, paying respects to my cookbook, flipping the winged gobbler upside down and adding her flavor and flair to every dish. She owns my chef's jacket and as so retains the lone right to modify my recipes without fear of recrimination or decapitation except where it comes to shrimp.
    Everybody enjoy the holidays in spite of my absence.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dadda- I hope to make you proud with this meal. I really hope you like it because I have a feeling you'll be eating it's leftovers for quite a while!
    I love you. Thanks for expanding my culinary horizons. I'm thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy....Thanksgiving is my favorite cooking holiday. I'm caressing my bird with white wine and butter. We will be thinking about you guys in the weeks to come. From our home to yours.......We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete