Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 23, 2012

With help

My eyegaze computer is a Mini Cooper trying to haul four and a half tons of verbage. In other words, pun intended, I can't get out of the driveway with such a load so I enlist Rachel to help me carry the majority of my mindset forward as I dwindle. 

I used to describe my battle with ALS as a downhill skid, feet splayed, heels dug into the turf, Fred Flintstoning in an effort to slow down, stop, climb, whatever works. I feel things have changed and I have a different metaphorical description of my journey these days. Picture a screw. Held in an upright position, this screw has been adorned with a drop of oil. I am in the oil. As gravity asserts itself, the oil begins to flow around the screw, slowly following the threads that direct its travel. Fred Flintstone doesn't help me any more. My feet don't dig in and I'm at the mercy of all. My only chance is to topple the screw and leap off, hopefully avoiding injury. I'm working on that.

This week Amy and I travel to Austin to listen to Master Co, trying to grasp his philosophy involving prantic healing and Qi'gong. I hope to have a personal experience with him. 

This is peculiar. My ability to post seems to be in line with my ability to speak. I've never had this kind of an issue before. It's possible that I'm in such a mood that I cannot successfully compartmentalize my thoughts, causing me trouble in opening the doors of my thinking. I'll try to muddle through anyway. 

Having ALS sucks, but outside of that, life could not be better. I have virtually every convenience known to man, loving family at every turn, an insanely gifted wife and caregiver. I desperately need to dump this disease so I can go on with my new life free of stress and frustration. My sole job is to be happy and carefree, consuming the love all around me as a medicine of my return. I need to forgive myself, to ask for forgiveness of those I wronged during my life and to forgive those whom I have held accountable for any negative experiences during my years as an adult and child.

I'm atypical both in the ALS world and the world at large. Most ALS sufferers lose muscle strength and flexibility, resulting in the inability to move due to flaccidity. My muscles scream. They are not interested in succumbing to the disease. I'm hoping my legs can frustrate the motor neuron degeneration, possibly causing ALS to fall away to insignificance. 

I believe Qi'gong, as practiced by Amy, has played a large part, along with massage, to alleviate most of the swelling in my feet. For the last week, we have seen a near miraculous improvement. I had a concerning mole on my right arm, looking suspicious these last few months. I can say without a doubt that between Amy and myself, over the last 3 days, having concentrated on eradicating the blemish, that we have succeeded in its elimination. Gone without a trace. Maybe my ALS can be incrementally broken down symptom by symptom. I dare hope. 

I love Rachel. I love that she is finding herself here in Dallas. If she feels better, I feel better. Her accomplishments are mine. Don't misread that last statement. Better, see it as love and leave it at that. I also appreciate Rachel typing this, even if it is embarrassing to her.

I will continue to spit out little eyegaze briefs. Until I master the system, I will try to find gaps in Rachel's schedule within which to insert myself, allowing me to assert myself. 

4 comments:

  1. Much Much to my dismay I did not take pictures of the mole on Tracy's arm that worried me so that I threatened to take him to yet another doctor appointment just to have it looked at. Others in the family saw it as well and agreed it looked curious and my concerns were justified.
    In a matter of 3 days, as we concentrated, prayed, massaged and worked on it- it literally fell away leaving perfectly healthy skin. Discussions to the fact that maybe it was just a scab or dry skin or any other of a million possibilities played through our minds and mouths to explain this dramatic change. A 6 month scab? And if so- wouldn't there be a raw spot where it had just left? Dry skin or the like? I have scrubbed this man for a year now. Isn't it interesting timing that just when we were concentrating on it there was this dramatic change EXACTLY to what we were hoping for?
    Sometimes the easiest simple answer IS the answer. We accomplished what we specifically set out to do. We loved Tracy with all his perceived imperfections and insisted the universe let us realize that fact physically. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your wife's Qi gong is helping in part to your many years in TKO. you used it many times and probably did not use it. I wish I would have pushed it earlier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, Occam's (Ockham's) Razor is the term that fits that description, and Yes, I truly believe that the simplest answer is usually the most accurate. The mind and the energy we create can be an amazing tool if we would just embrace it. It's also amazing that we only use a fraction of what it is capable of doing. I guess sometimes we need to get out of our own way to allow things to happen. Maybe you could come over and lay your healing hands on my neck......it's a wreck! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) when I was 46 years old 2 years ago. The Rilutek (riluzole) did very little to help. The medical team did even less. My decline was rapid and devastating. my arms weakened first, then my hands and legs. Last year, a family friend told me about DOCTOR JAMES Herbal mix medicine and his effectiveness in treating l ALS , I contacted him. and ordered for his herbal mix medicine, i was happy to report the treatment effectively treated and reversed my Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), most of the symptoms stopped, i was  able to walk and eat well, sleep well and exercise regularly., i'm  pretty active now and my attitude is extremely positive.i joyfully recommend you to DR.JAMES  because health is wealth this is a very bad experience with those living with ALS  or any other diseases like Shingle,schizophrenia,Bipolar, Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes  please do not hesitate to contact him on his Email  Drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete