Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

What's right with me

I spend an inordinate amount of time- even for an ALSer- assembling, organizing and categorizing, recalling  and sharing all that is wrong with me, what I can't do, what hurts, what's embarrassing, my fears, the loathing, the guilt, the angst, my depression, my.............................. darkness. It is long past due that I open my eyes to what is outside rather than close my eyes and dwell on the rot inside, drawing so many into my psychological dungeon of despair. 


This weekend, we are hosting our family reunion. Many are already in town and have come by for a dip in the pool. By Saturday, everyone will be here in Dallas for the big backyard shindig. My contribution- outside of my presence- will be, with massive amounts of help from Rachel, a  big pot of jambalaya. I  am already feeling my family's relief that I still look like Tracy, I still act like Tracy, I still AM Tracy. I'm pretty sure I never said ALS  deforms me or renders me incoherent, but some of my metaphoric terminology might have given the impression. Sorry. To those not here, I have not melted and my head lolls just a bit to the right. To date, I have not grown a hump.

1 comment: